Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Raw Pregnancy & Parenting

I originally posted this blog and the following two blogs as a guest blogger on Lovingraw's Raw Rockstar Community, and I created this blog site to have a place to compile all my entries from LovingRaw, as well as any others I choose to write, on the subject of my new family and our superhero adventures!

This blog post was written at the beginning of September 2009...

~~
Probably the best place to start is to tell you a little bit about myself, as it relates to the subject my blogs will be centered on: Raw Parenting... or in a much broader sense (of which raw is definitely part of), raising children in a way that retains and enhances their joyful, strong nature as sovereign creative beings.

So much of my thought is directed towards this topic lately. Here's why:

Raw veganism as a lifestyle is nothing new to me. My personal eating style has been mostly raw vegan since January 2001, so nearly 9 years at this point. It is second nature to me... It has become “normal” to my worldview and everyday experience.

What IS brand new to me is parenting. I am currently in my 9th month of pregnancy with my first child, who is due to enter our world right around the time this blog will be published (my due date is 9-9-09)! I am in awe, gratitude and immense joy about this huge new phase in my life, and the all-encompassing importance of the task appointed to me as a mother.

I've always been aware that my style of thinking and living is “radical” compared to mainstream practices. I was raised in a way that was radical at that time in our culture. I was born at home, unschooled, and generally encouraged to learn about our world through pursuing my interests at all times, with no “rules and regulations” and “shoulds” about how to live my life. What was of highest importance to my parents is that I think things through before making choices, be responsible for the results of my choices, communicate clearly, and trust my heart about all things.

Now that I'm near the “grand finale” of my pregnancy (cosmic, sacred, ecstatic BIRTH!), and considering my highest choices for my approach to raising my child, I'm even more “radical” than I originally thought!

As you read my blog, you will be embarking on an adventure of discovery with me. The purpose of my adventure is to nourish a specific state of beingness: what paths will I take, what choices will I make, that will result in my family's deep and overflowing joy, conscious awareness of our powerful creative selves, living as fully sovereign beings, as a great blessing and benefit to all humanity and all life on Earth.

And my purpose in sharing my adventure with you is to light a new path of possibility, and stimulate new thought pathways, for those of you who feel the calling in your hearts to do your part in raising the generation of Man who will naturally, simply by the purity and sovereignty of their nature, restore Paradise on Earth.

I also have a LOT to say about my experience of my pregnancy, which has been joyful, comfortable, spiritual, and deeply transformative for me. I even began writing a book which I will finish at whatever moment is appropriate! Read a preview/excerpt here.

I am also enthusiastic about sharing lots of outrageous recipes with you! I came up with quite a few cosmically delicious, nourishing and easy recipes during my pregnancy which I know many pregnant women will greatly appreciate!

Here are some examples of the delicious raw vegan concoctions I've enjoyed during my pregnancy:

* Raw Chocolate Mousse
* Strawberry Lemonade (great during my 3rd/hottest trimester in the hot Texas summer!)
* Sea Chowder
* “Scrambled EGGS”
* Cheezy BBQ Jicama Fries

Who needs junk foods when you have things like this?! There are always super nutrient rich options for ANY pregnancy “craving”!

Thank you for enjoying our contributions. More to come very soon!!

A photo of me in my final month of pregnancy...

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, you are SO beautiful. I am so thankful to call you a friend. I am grateful that I am able to have play dates with our young ones.

    ReplyDelete